Thursday, December 27, 2007

Thankful Thursday

I was dinking around on the computer tonight after everyone had gone to bed. I'm waiting for Luke to be good and asleep before I go into bed. He has been sleeping on the floor in the room that Tim and I are staying in. He's had a pretty bad cough which woke the other kids up the other night...so he has been in with us. So, as I was waiting, I was catching up on my friends' blogs. Then, I remembered that today was Thursday. Vacations always seem to screw up my internal calendar. So...here I am at 10:46 p.m. writing my thanks for the week.

  • Today I am thankful for the good relationships I have with my family. It seems like, anymore, that there is more warring families than not. So, as my mom, sister, and I spent an afternoon of pampering together, I was thankful for these relationships, and family connections.
  • I am thankful for the beauty of the snow. This is one thing I particularly miss during Oregon Winters. I miss the beautiful snow that covers over the gray and the dirt. I love the clean look of fresh snow. It is also a lot of fun to play in. The memories are wonderful!!
  • I am thankful for the health of my family. I am thankful for the safe travels we had coming to N. Idaho for Christmas. As I listen to the news, I am always so grateful these awful things of Life have, so far, passed us by. It puts me in my place and reminds me how incredibly blessed I am. Reminds me to give thanks to Whom thanks is due.

It is pretty quiet where Luke is at. I think I will go sneak a peek and see if he is sleeping. We've been playing hard, laughing hard; and, then, we crash hard.

Good night.

0 comments: