Friday, December 21, 2007

Do You Hear What I Hear?

The Sounds...the Sounds
of a rejoicing Mom-my
With a glee and delight beyond sight
She is done with her shopping!!

Let the partying begin!! I have finished my Christmas shopping. I am so excited. I never thought that I would get here. Last night, after our trip to Costco, I was just about in tears. I wasn't able to get all that I needed...and I was discouraged about Daria's gift idea. I didn't know what I was going to do.

Isn't it gracious that God saves us from our own pitiful state that we put ourselves in? I literally sat at my computer last night, after everyone went to bed, and I just stared at it. I guess I was wishing that somehow the computer could save me from my poor, pitiful shopping state. There was no way that the internet was going to solve my problems without paying through the nose for next day delivery. What to do?

At 10:00 last night I decided to make a run to Fred Meyer. I just prayed that somehow they would have that I needed. I didn't find everything....but I was able to find a couple of things that finished a couple of people off. That felt really good. I was still left in a quandary about Daria's gift. I was literally in despair.

So, about 11:15 last night, I was scouring all the websites of all the major stores in the Portland area hoping that someone would have what I wanted for Daria. It was so a no-go. The thing that I wanted was all to be shipped from the maker....not in stock in the store. Then I remembered one last store. I found what I wanted, but it didn't say if it was in the store or not. So, I wrote the information down so I could call in the morning. Then I went to bed literally pleading with God to make it so. (How ridiculous!! It was either there....or not. My prayers wouldn't change the fact over night!!!)

Yet, God was good. It was there!!!!! You should have seen me this morning doing this little dance in the bathroom. I was so ecstatic. I just was praising God like crazy. So, I ran this morning and picked it up. Yee-haw!! I am done!!

Now the real fun can begin....wrapping. NOT!! Next to shopping, that is my least-favorite thing to do. Oh well. Tonight is Ladies Night Out with the ladies from my church. We are going to have so much fun. We are going out to eat. Tour through Target. Then to the church for fun, wrapping, games, etc. I am NOT taking my wrapping. I am totally just going to have fun. I feel like I deserve it. Besides, Tim needs an opportunity to help out with the Christmas spirit. I would hate to rob him of the joy.

Feeling the Christmas spirit again.....

2 comments:

Candi said...

I hoe you had a wonderful time at Ladies Night Out...you do deserve it!!

We finished up our wrapping last night!!!

Candi said...

ooops. That is supposed to say I hope.....not hoe....LOL. Maybe I should proof read!!