Monday, December 24, 2007

Take a deep breath....

Hold it. Now let it out slowly.

I think I can relax now. Emphasis on the think part. It seems like every time I turn around there is just one more thing to do. I do need to deliver a couple of gifts. I do have to deal with sugared out kids today as the pork out on desserts at their grandma's house. I am sure that I haven't heard the end of the grumps.

As the festivities begin in a couple of hours, I take a deep breath and let it all out. I have done all that I can do to make Christmas happen. It may not be a perfect Christmas to some....but at least we will be together as family. Honestly, I think I will scream if someone complains right now. I sure wish that I didn't stress so much. There really has got to be a better way.

Yesterday at church, Daria asked me if I really knew what Christmas was about. She informed me it was about Peace. I think I was a little hurt. Apparently I haven't been showing the true meaning of Christmas very well. Guess I need to do some time confessing at the feet of Jesus. Maybe in the quiet times of driving in the van to join family, I can find moments of peace to get my heart back in the right place.

So, in this moment of peace, I just want to take a moment to wish you all a Merry Christmas. Take a moment and share a hug with someone you love. If you know someone who has been stressed, take a moment and appreciate all their efforts. Extend some forgiveness. I know that I need some right now.

Merry Christmas!!

0 comments: