Thursday, December 13, 2007

Thankful Thursday!

Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance , chaos to order, confusion to clarity. it can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.
~Melody Beattie~


Christmas is only 12 days. Have you made yourself ready for the big day? Have you prepared your heart to celebrate the coming of our Lord and King, the Prince of Peace? I'm getting there. I should be a little more thankful in that regard come next Thursday. In the meantime, I must take note of other things.

Today, I am thankful for:

  • The fact that there is no storm tonight. Tonight is the kids' Christmas concert at school. It was canceled last year due to a huge wind storm that blew out the power. It should be a wonderful concert! It is so fun to see my kids enjoying singing. A year ago or so, Caden didn't have the courage to sing. Now he does!! I praise God for his growth.
  • A kind note that was given to me by a lady that I work with at Community Bible Studies. She always has such encouraging things to say and it lifts my spirits.
  • Time to go and have a coffee with a friend today after Moms In Touch. It was so nice to visit and feel connected. We even got a little Christmas shopping done at the same time. Bonus!!
  • A mostly clean house!! Even with having gotten coffee this morning, I was able to get most of my house clean. It feels so good. It had gotten pretty ucky with all the hub-bub going on.
My prayers are that you would find moments with Jehovah Shalom, the Lord our Peace, during this busy season.

"You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you. Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, the Lord is the Rock eternal."
Isaiah 26:3-4


0 comments: