Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Hidden Blessings

The closer it gets to Christmas, the crazier things seem to get. I keep thinking that I am getting one more thing finished...and then....BOOM....another thing gets added. Kind of a crazy cycle right now. I am looking forward to some moments of peace in the coming days. I imagine that I am going to have to kick Tim's heiny into gear to get there....but it is coming.

Today I need to take note of a couple of small blessings. They were just two small things, but they really made me take some huge sighs of relief. They weren't much, but they rank pretty high on my scale right now.

Last week, when I picked up Luke from my friend, Patty's, house, she offered to watch Luke for me today so that I could get some shopping done. I was so looking forward to that time. Then, on Monday, Daria reminded me that her explorer project presentations were happening that afternoon too. So, today, I was able to help with the Pizza Day at school. Then I took Luke over to Patty's house...and did a little shopping before I had to dash back to school for her presentation. It was a breath of fresh air to have her take Luke for a couple of hours. It seems like they are getting along well and I was so appreciative of her help this week.

My second blessing is that the kids didn't come home with any homework tonight. I don't know why, but I just about cried when I saw that we didn't have to tackle that tonight. The kids have a field trip to go see A Christmas Carol tomorrow. I think that they will enjoy it quite a bit.

I am hoping that Luke and I can finish things up tomorrow. At least the shopping part would be nice to have done. I still have yet to wrap a package. That is my least favorite thing to do. I hope that everyone is having lots of luck finishing their preparations for Christmas. I'm getting close.

Thanks to my sister for her laughs yesterday. It was fun!! Guess she's the only one I'm getting a Christmas present for!

0 comments: