Thursday, December 20, 2007

Thankful Thursday

Give Thanks to the Lord, our God and King
His Love Endures Forever
For He is good He is above all things.
His Love Endures Forever
Sing Praise Sing Praise


Today is a very good day to be thankful. I so needed it. This has been a very stressful holiday seaason for me....at least the last week or so has. Try as hard as I have to keep my eyes focused on the true meaning of Christmas...and yet I have failed.

God has been so faithful to me today. So, I must be faithful to him and give thanks.

  • Today I am thankful for my Moms in Touch time. I was late in getting my sheet filled out for today. Late last night, I didn't know which attribute of God to praise Him for. I chose Jehovah Raah--the Lord our Shepherd. Actually, God chose that last night, even when my heart wasn't in the best place to do the choosing. The verses were just what I needed to hear today. God is so good.
  • I am thankful for bright spots in my day that just make me chuckle. We have a little bit of sunshine today. Makes everything seem so much cheerier. I happened to glance out our back slider and glanced down at the kids' swimming pool that is covering the turtle sandbox. For some reason, what I saw just made me laugh. God has a sense of humor. Looks like the turtle is sticking his head out for a peek to make sure the rain had really stopped. I thought it was cute anyway.....

  • I am also thankful that I am almost done with my shopping. Praise the Lord!!!! If all goes well tonight at Costco, I will be free and clear with the shopping. I have to be thankful that at every store I have been to lately, I have found something that has gotten me a little closer to finishing my goal. I have to remember that as I was so disappointed that I couldn't finish completely last night at Toys R Us.
Merry Christmas!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey your doing pretty good! I haven't even started yet! Jennie