Thursday, December 6, 2007

Thankful Thursday

I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought, and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder."
~
G.K. Chesterton

Living a life of gratitude can be difficult at times. If we don't make a conscious effort to do so, we can easily become overwhelmed with the "stuff" of life. So...strap on the Thankful Boots and lets dig in. We've got a lot of thanking to do!

  • Today I am thankful for the opportunity to stop, and spend time snuggling on the couch with Luke. There is nothing better than to spend some quiet moments together. These are moments to pack away to cherish on another day. They pass all too quickly.
  • I am thankful for a husband who can be a Mr. Fix It. This week he fixed a slow draining sink. Not a very pleasant job....but definitely necessary. He is also in the process of trying to figure out a cranky hot water heater. I look forward to seeing his Christmas tree light show this year.
  • I am thankful that my home is not located in a flood prone region. I am thankful that no trees decided to fall on my house. I am thankful for a well built home that has kept us safe, dry, and warm during this week's storm.
  • I am thankful for encouraging conversations with Caden's teacher. Her willingness to share observations with me helps me to help him better. I enjoyed seeing her willingness to help him to succeed.
I hope that everyone is having a wonderful time getting ready for the Christmas season. How appropriate that we celebrate the birth of Jesus right after the season of giving Thanks. Just another reason to give thanks. Thank you, Jesus, for coming as a babe so many years ago.


0 comments: