Wednesday, December 26, 2007

I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

There is nothing better than a White Christmas. I love the snow. I really do. So coming home to Northern Idaho for Christmas just plain ol' feels right. After a busy night at Tim's parents', we got up early to drive to my parents'. We had great roads, an uneventful trip, and arrived to a couple of inches of old snow. Close enough.


As our evening wound down yesterday, after a yummy Christmas dinner, lots of presents, and calls to a brother, the snow had started to fall. Yippee. I swear I am like a little kid when it snows. I get all giddy inside and I feel like doing a little jig. Excited? You bet. I was a little disappointed, as we headed to bed, to see that the snow had basically stopped.


PSYCH!! I declare that was what God was saying this morning as I glanced outside to see 4-6 inches of beautiful, fresh snow. It felt like Christmas morning all over again. At least it felt like the Christmas morning of my childhood. You know, that feeling that wakes you up way before it is civil....the ants-in-the-pants kind of giddiness. I usually don't feel that giddy...except when it snows. I could hardly wait to go outside. So, when the kids donned their snow clothes to head outside....it didn't me long after watching them having a great time....to don my own snow clothes and join the fun.





How can you resist? There is nothing like snow to make you feel like a kid again. Somehow your body regains that special enzyme that makes you resistant to the cold. You can run, jump, play, and get a face full of snow, only to get back up and start again.



So, being the cool mom that I can sometimes be, I climbed on the sleds with my kids. I was a little anxious at first. I had seen the kids who were sitting in the front spend half the time dodging flying snow, or having snow plowed down the front of their jackets. Remember, I hate the cold...and to go boldly into the battle, caused a little anxiety. Oh well....the fun soon overwhelms all of that...and you just plain ol' have a blast.




I think at this point, I was having more fun that Caden was. He looks a little uncertain. It was our last ride of the afternoon, and he was telling me he was ready to go in. I guess he had had enough of riding in the front. I think I was playing shield to Luke because he was just singing back there, having a grand time.

A day of memories. The perfect White Christmas. Family and Fun. How can you ask for anything more?

1 comments:

Angie said...

Oh what Fun!!!