Thursday, October 18, 2007

Come, Ye Thankful People, Come




Come, ye thankful people, come, raise the song of harvest home;
All is safely gathered in, ere the winter storms begin.
God our Maker doth provide for our wants to be supplied;
Come to God’s own temple, come, raise the song of harvest home.



Come, people who follow after God's heart, let us take a moment and give thanks. Our God is a Mighty Warrior who fights for us and with us. We have a God who sings over us with joy and loves us with an everlasting love.

It is hard for me to believe that another week has flown by. Time seems to go quicker than I can blink my eye. Sometimes I long to slow it down so that nothing slips me by. Yet, I find that more slips by me than I feel it should. Yet, I don't want to miss being thankful for today.

  • Today, I am thankful for my mom. She turns 60 today! (Oops....I probably shouldn't announce her years!! Oh well. ) My mom has been a blessing in my life. She is human...she has made mistakes....but she is covered by the grace of Jesus. She did her best raising my sister and I....and I think she did a pretty darn good job. She is a wonderful Grammy....my kids will attest to that. She has been a wonderful daughter to her parents, sister to her siblings, mother to her children, a blessed wife to my dad, and a precious child of the King. We don't always tell her how wonderful she is....but we all really think she is. Happy Birthday, Mom. I love you.
  • I am thankful for God's faithfulness. He continues to pour out His grace in my life, even when I fail miserably. He gives me midnight inspirations....and has helped a scared little boy to find passion in swimming. Thank you, Jesus, for being so faithful and tender in my life.
  • I am thankful for Tim's job...who is changing our insurance. It should save us money per year, as well as per visit. Barring any major medical catastrophes in our lives, it should be a good thing for our finances. Every little bit helps when the cost of living seems to be skyrocketing everywhere.
What a blessing to be thankful! I love the feeling of my spirit dancing as I thank my Jesus for His bountiful goodness in my life. What are you thankful for today? Have you thanked Him for it yet?

One more thing to be thankful for....I am thankful for friends....both near and far...and those I don't see nearly enough. Thank you for your love, support, and prayers.

Happy Thankful Thursday!

1 comments:

Kristin said...

I am thankful for the gift of music.

Kyra was having a hard time going down for her nap today, and I was able to "rock" her to sleep by playing a new piano book I just received :-)

And yes, Happy Happy Birthday Kippy's Mom!!!