Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Peace and Quiet

Can you tell what is on my mind right now? I am currently dreaming of a luxury soaking tub....filled to the fullest with steamy hot water with a delicious smell of Peace laced throughout. Picture also a few well placed candles that light things just enough to read a good, lazy book. On the side of the tub are a plate of chocolate chip cookies and an icy glass of diet coke. Doesn't that all sound lovely? Sounds like the perfect cure for my day....impossible cure....but it is fun to dream about.

Here is my reality....dirty, messy house....crabby kids fighting homework....loud, squawking four-year old begging for me to do just one more thing. The evening should be winding down....instead I have four lunches to prepare for tomorrow. Three sets of clothes to set out. I like to go to bed with my house picked up...but my day exploded on me unexpectedly....thus my house looks like it exploded. My head is pounding mercilessly. I wonder if it is tension. I notice that one side of my jaw is sore...hmmmm...makes me wonder.

We were talking this last Sunday in Sunday school about being mindful to be thankful. I've been a crabby mom tonight as I have battled this nasty headache. Doesn't make one feel so successful in the Mommy world....much less in my world of honoring Jesus. The circumstances of my day are nothing....a distraction to my every day schedule leaving my very worldly side of life in an uproar. The peace of all this, is knowing that my relationship with Jesus stands firm. I am grieved that my anger gets the best of me instead of being conscious of Jesus' presence in my life. Yet, my heart is still desiring to follow after Him. Isn't it wonderful that God's grace is never ending? I find it so difficult to grasp at times that God would continue to forgive the same failing in me again and again. What a peaceful thought to dwell on in the wake of a "difficult" evening. My relationship with God is not situational....it is positional. I choose to position myself at the feet of Jesus...asking for mercy.

Got a little preachy there...but I guess I needed to say all that to myself. I guess I will sign off on with that....head to the kitchen to tackle my chores. I am going to put on my rose-colored glasses so that I don't see all the things that need cleaned up. Then, I am going to pray that I don't get discouraged to walk into a dirty home after being gone all morning long tomorrow. Maybe I should start dreaming of a housekeeper........

Oooo...now doesn't that sound lovely????

1 comments:

Tresa said...

My friend calls those moments her daily "mental vacations!" Mine today is to be sitting at the ocean, where the sun is shining and the water is warm and you can hear the waves crashing onto the sand. Aaahhhh!