Friday, October 26, 2007

I've got something to brag about!

I love conference days. I love to be able to have those 20 minutes alone with my kids' teachers. I finally feel like I am getting the contact that I so crave about my children. It really helps put my worrisome mind to rest. That...and it feels so good to hear good things about my children.

Daria is doing well. No worries there. She is spelling at a fourth grade level. That is pretty cool. I knew that she had been doing well....I just wasn't sure how well. She came home yesterday, disappointed that she had missed 4 words on her spelling test. That is a little unusual for her. But...it was those funny words that sounds alike but spelled different....like there, their and they're. And where...were...and we're. She also is reading well...and doing math well. She even behaves in class. Good girl!!

Caden is doing well, too. His teacher said that he is a model student. He is respectful in class, and listens to instructions. In math, he is doing exceedingly well. In spelling, he is doing about average...which is about what I expected. He is also doing well as a reader. I was encouraged to hear that she sees that he needs to build confidence. She has placed him in a reading group where he is one of the better readers so that he isn't discouraged by those who are better. His teacher seems to have a good grasp on who Caden is, and that put my heart at rest. She is really trying to encourage him to speak up and to smile in class. I love to hear that.

So...all in all....conferences were a good thing. It is nice to know that my kids are flourishing in an environment that I feel like I am flourishing in. I am not sure if that concept makes sense. I just feel like, as a parent, that their school is a good place for me to be the best Mom that I can be. It is nice to see that this school is a good place for them to be the best people that they can be.

Praise the Lord for good conferences!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

It does a Grammy's heart good to hear positive reports also. I know they're doing great - I can see it!

Congratulations - to all three for the report on your school experiences!