Tuesday, October 16, 2007

God is in the business of answering prayers.

I thought and thought of another title for today's posting....but nothing seemed to rise to the surface. What I wanted to blog about today was completely an answer to prayer, so I just had to title it what I did. There is just no other way to call it. I am excited to report a wonderful answer to prayer!

It seems like I am often blogging about Luke, my precious little man. I think I have said before that he has brought me to my knees more times than the other two combined. He is a precious boy with a definite mind of his own! He definitely made his opinion known about swimming lessons last year, that's for sure!

For my children to learn how to swim has been an important goal for me as a Mom. Tim doesn't know how to swim....and he really has no idea at the fun that he is missing. My kids have always loved playing in the water, so I was a little dumbstruck to find that Luke hated swim lessons last year. Swim lesson days became the most miserable days for Luke and I. Even if I didn't tell him we were headed to the pool, he seemed to know and the kicking and screaming would begin. It was horrible. At first, I thought it was an authority issue, but after a while, I honestly think he began to develop a fear. Over time, and with discussions with other moms, I think he had a fear of the teacher....not the water. After much wrestling with my thoughts...and with him...I decided to lay swimming lessons down for a while....and revisit the topic another time.

Fast forward about 9 months. Luke had his first swim lesson of the year today. We have been talking about them for about 2 months. At first, he would instantly start his tantrums. Then, slowly he began to discuss it with me. Finally, he seemed a little excited about them. When I mentioned to him this morning that we were headed to swim lessons, he started to cry a little. He did not want to go. I am not sure what happened, but all of a sudden he snapped out of it and was all revved up to go. He even wanted to take a painting that he had done to his teacher. What an answer to prayer!!!! I wanted to do a little dance right there....but we still had to actually get in the pool!!

When we got to the pool, he was really excited. He got himself dressed and ran out there. He was really excited to get in the pool. We were early so we had to wait. He was still excited; but, when we had to go talk to his teacher, I hear this little voice: "Mom, I'm nervous about this." We talked about it a little. I shared that nervousness with this teacher. The next thing, I know, he is sitting on the edge of the pool chatting away at this teacher. He was a little hesitant at first when she asked him to get his belly button wet...but he finished the lesson off and did everything he was asked to do. When I told him that I was proud of him for how well he did at lessons, he said: "Thanks, Mom!" He is very anxious for his next lesson....he had a lot of fun!!

Now, I consider this a downright miracle! I am convinced that God is the only one who can change that little boy's mind! God is so good. He really does care about the little details in our lives. Hopefully I will be able to report that Luke is floating on his own soon! Anyway....I just had to share my dancing-with-joy moment of the day!!

0 comments: