Friday, October 12, 2007

I've got Sunshine.....

What a beautiful afternoon it was today! I dressed myself so warmly today because I have spent all week shivering in my boots. With all that warmth, I was sweating profusely all day. Not that I am complaining, mind you. It was a nice change of pace from all the gray skies.

The kids and I were on the move today. It was full and fun. Daria had piano lessons this morning. As soon as we dropped her off....I dashed Caden over to the church for Chess class. He was a little nervous about it, but settled down after I told him I would stay. That little man loves games, so I think that he will love chess. I had to leave his chess class early to pick up Daria and bring her back for her Chess class. While she did chess, I decorated the bulletin board in the fellowship hall. We should have left Daria's chess class early to get to the birthday party she was invited to, but she didn't want to leave her game. So....we dashed as much as you can dash in our area to get to her party. The boys and I played at McD's while we waited for that to be over.

Then we came home. And it was so beautifully warm out. I just soaked it all up. I encouraged the kids to stay outside....and I worked outside, too. It just does my spirit so good to work out in the sunshine after all the dreariness. So...my yard looks a little better; even though it still needs a bunch more work. The kids had fun salting a slug, playing with the worms, and spraying spiders that were lurking around the house. Caden was wishing for more pinecones on the ground so that he could earn money by picking them up!

Now, I am off to get ready to head out to Women of Faith. I am really looking forward to this experience. I will have to report back later. I hope you all enjoyed some Sunshine today!!

0 comments: