Saturday, October 6, 2007

I yelled today.

Yep...I shamelessly yelled my fool head off today. I tried with everything that was in me to keep my mouth shut. I kept telling myself over and over again. DO NOT YELL....KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT.....HUSH....BITE YOUR TONGUE. It was absolutely no good. I yelled until my throat hurt and then I kept on yelling.

But what is a Mom to do when her daughter is becoming the star of the soccer team? Answer me this....how does a Mama keep her mouth shut? Tim wasn't able to go to Daria's game today and so I was video taping the game. I try so hard to be quiet because my mouth is like RIGHT THERE next to the camera. When you watch it on replay....what do you hear???? Some raving lunatic yelling her fool heart out trying to empower those little girlies to greater heights. Ducking my head, I must confess that that raving lunatic is me.

Hi, my name is Christine....and I am a screamaholic.

It was such a fun game to watch today. I was cursing the fact that I was recording. There just is no comparison when you have to watch the game on a little 2 inch screen. Grrr. It is so frustrating and Daria was doing sooo good. It was a hard first half. They ended the half with the other team up 3 goals to 1. I did really good not yelling on the first half.

Now, the second half...my girlie was no longer the goalie. She was smack dab in the middle of the action. At first, she was kind of just standing there like she was stuck in the goalie box still. She wasn't sure if she was defense or offense. But, then she came alive!!! Yee haw! The girls did so good the second half. There was no holding this mama back. I just let it go. I just couldn't hold it back. Woo hoo!! I am sure that you could have heard me in the neighboring city. When they watch the video, they will probably hear it clear to the moon and back!!

Daria scored two goals in the second half. It tied the game up and that was where it ended. It was a good game and I was one proud mama. I'm pretty sure that isn't a secret any more.

Oh well.

0 comments: