Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Midnight Inspirations

Whew. What a long day. It isn't over yet, either. Wednesdays are my very full day. I enjoy them...but they sure are full. I babysit for Community Bible Studies in the morning. Then I dash home to grab lunch and toys for Luke to take to the sitters and run to the school to volunteer. Caden was so sweet today when I was volunteering. He loves having me come in. He kept giving me these great big hugs and sweet kisses. Sometimes it feels like a sacrifice to be there, but seeing his excitement at having me there makes it all worthwhile. Even Daria seemed to be a little pleased that I was there today. They sure made me feel good.

My wagon is draggin' a little today because God blessed me last night. I have been doing some skits on Sundays of October announcing our Trunk or Treat that is happening on Halloween. I always get a little panicky because I am "writing" these myself. We haven't had the greatest turn out of volunteers sign up this year....so I am getting even more panicky. Last night, as I was attempting to fall asleep....God gave me a great inspiration for the skit for this Sunday. I was so excited about it. I just kept praying: "God, please help me to remember this in the morning...please help me to remember."

Well....I finally couldn't stand it any more. I kept mulling it around in my head last night until not only was my mind in a knot.. so were my jammies from all that tossing and turning. So...up I hopped out of bed and ran to turn the light on. Tim thought for sure that I had lost my mind! So...there I sat...in the wee hours of the night (at least it wasn't morning!!!) scribbling away furiously. I am excited about this skit for Sunday...I hope that it really grabs people.

This leads me to another thought. I've actually been acting these skits. Can you believe that? I have always thought that it would be fun to act....though I am truly a weenie. Getting up in front of people makes me so nervous that I am sick to my stomach and my knees feel like Jell-o. I am truly pathetic. This year, I haven't noticed my nerves so much. I just fly up there and get my little skits done. The thing that really makes me roar is that the last two week, I have had 2 people say that I was "born to be an actress." Or something along those lines. That just makes me split a gut. If they only knew. I figure it must be all that Feminine Drama that I participated in during my teen years.

Well...I am off to take Daria to soccer....do First Grade homework in the cold wind...and listen to a four year old who is upset with giving away too-small clothes. Wish me luck!

1 comments:

Angie said...

Oh, how I'd loved to know you IRL! I think we'd just have a blast together...like Lucy and Ethel! ROFL!