Monday, October 22, 2007

Withdrawals....

I can't believe that I have gone 3 days without writing a blog!! Something must be wrong with me. No...not really. I have just been busy. A good busy...but still busy. Mom and Dad were here this weekend and it was full. Today was just packed with things and here it is, 10:40 at night and I am taking a quick moment to write. But....I had to write....it was calling my name!

Saturday, Daria had a soccer game. It was a tough game all around. It rained and rained and rained. The field was so incredibly muddy. Everything that we took that day to the soccer field came home with a smattering of mud. Yuck. Poor girly was out there in the cold rain and mud...and they had a tough game. 0-8. No mercy.

Saturday night was precious. Kind of hard to explain and to put into words. We took Mom out to dinner for her birthday. We had invited my cousin and his family to go with us. There is so much history there. My cousin's story is so amazing...and to witness some possible healing coming through conversations was unlike anything I've experience. I have no words to describe that night...the conversations...and the myriad of thoughts I've had since. Praying a lot about the future and possibilities.

Those were the two things of the weekend that I had been thinking all along that I wanted to blog about. Granted, I didn't write nearly what I would have if it wasn't almost 11:00 at night. I am thankful for a good weekend...with lots of fun and precious memories in them. I will have mercy on all of us and make this a short one tonight. If I don't go to bed now.....I may not be able to get up tomorrow.

Blessings!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

From Mom,

I agree, It was a remarkable weekend. From the rain, mud and game to the time with the cousin. It is beyond exciting to think what God is beginning there. We will pray and love a lot, agreed?

Thanks for all your efforts to make it happen.

Tresa said...

Oh sure! Wet my whistle and then leave me to my imagination! Sounds like it was a great weekend. I'll look forward to hearing the full story!

Three cheers for Daria sticking it out in the mud! Hugs from Auntie Tresa!

Love ya!