Thursday, October 11, 2007

Give Thanks with a Grateful Heart

Yep...today is Thankful Thursday. I am glad that today is the day to give thanks because my heart has been complaining. It is so easy to focus on the things in life that scream for attention. Yet, are those things that scream more important than those things that gently woo our heart?

So, today I am thankful for:

  • Sunbreaks that happen at just the right times! With the colder weather and the onslaught of rain, it has been amazing that God has allowed the sun to come through on those times when I am dreading sitting in the rain.....soccer practice and games, etc. God is good....even in these little things.
  • The free opportunity that I have to participate in the Women of Faith conference this weekend. I will be participating in the prayer groups at Women of Faith because of my contact with Moms in Touch....thus I get to attend for free. A friend and I are traveling over together and riding the MAX downtown. I am looking forward to my weekend.
  • A washing machine that works. I was grumbling about needing to do laundry today....so I decided to be thankful that I didn't need to wash our clothes by hand like the old days. I guess I just need to turn those grumbly thoughts around to somehow be thankful. It definitely helps!!
May we always be able to turn the Grumbles of Life into a moment of Thankfulness!!

Give thanks with a grateful heart,
Give thanks to the Holy One,
Give thanks because He's given
Jesus Christ His Son.

And now let the weak say "I am strong."
Let the poor say "I am rich."
Because of what the Lord has done
for us
Give thanks.

0 comments: